The H5 Handy Recorder, the tradition continues. The H5 provides four tracks of simultaneous recording and, like our flagship H6, it can use all Zoom interchangeable input capsules, allowing you to choose the best microphone for every recording situation.
The flexible and powerful H5 provides everything you need to create multitrack recordings, audio for video, and state-of-the-art podcasting, broadcasting and electronic newsgathering.
X/Y recording allows you to cover a wide area yet still capture sound sources in the center with clarity and definition, making it ideal for all types of live stereo recording. The XYH-5 X/Y microphone capsule included with the H5 provides two matched unidirectional condenser microphones set at a 90 degree angle. These are housed within an advanced shockmount that employs rugged external mic wires and rubberized material to isolate the unit from the H5 body and thus minimize vibration and handling noise.
The design of the XYH-5 also allows the H5 to handle louder sounds than any other Handy Recorder model: 140 dB SPL, to be precise—equivalent to the sound of a jet aircraft from less than 200 feet away—enabling you to capture sounds louder, closer, and cleaner than you ever could before.
- Uses a system of interchangeable input capsules that can be swapped out as easily as the lens of a camera
- Includes detachable X/Y capsule (XYH-5) with extended signal capacity and shockmounted mics for reduced handling noise
- Compatible with all Zoom input capsules
- Four-track simultaneous recording
- Large backlit LCD display
- Records directly to SD and SDHC cards up to 32GB
- Up to 24-bit/96kHz audio in BWF-compliant WAV or a variety of MP3 formats
- Two mic/line inputs with XLR/TRS combo connectors, each with selectable phantom power and -20dB pad
- Analog-style gain controls for each input
- Protective "roll-bar" type covers prevent accidental movement of gain controls
- Plug-in power (2.5 volts)
- Built-in effects, including low-cut filtering, compression, and limiting
- Chromatic tuner and metronome
- Auto-record, Pre-record, and Backup-record functions mean that you'll never miss that perfect take - MS decoding
- Multitrack to stereo internal mixdown
- Normalize, Divide, and Trim editing
- Voice memo and up to 99 marks per recording
- A/B loop playback
- Variable playback speed and variable pitch without affecting playback speed
- Multichannel and stereo USB audio interface for PC/Mac/iPad with loop back function
- Mountable to DSLR or camcorder with optional HS-01 Hot Shoe Mount adapter
- Uses two standard AA alkaline or NiMH rechargeable batteries
- Over 15 hours of operation with alkaline batteries
Simultaneous Recording Tracks 2 Simultaneous Playback Tracks 2 Functions Lo-cut Filter, Limiter,Test Tone,Slate-Tone,Voice Emphasize Filter, Playback Position Skipping, Playback Speed Control, A-B Repeat, Auto REC Level, Marker, Auto-Record, Pre-Record, Self-Timer, Overdubbing Recording Format WAV Sampling Frequency 44.1/48/96kHz) MP3 (Bit Rate: 48/56/64/80/96/112/128/160/192/224/256/320kbps Quantization 16/24bit A/D Conversion 24bit, 128 times over-sampling D/A Conversion 24bit, 128 times over-sampling Signal Processing 32bit Recording Media SD card: 16MB to 2GB , SDHC card: 4GB to 32GB
Recording Format [Stereo mode] WAV (Quantization: 16/24bit, Sampling frequency:44.1/48/96kHz), MP3 (Bitrates: 48/56/64/80/96/112/128/160/192/224/256/320kbps/VBR, Sampling frequency: 44.1kHz), [4ch mode] QAV (Quantization: 16/24bit, Sampling frequency: 44.1/48kHz) Playback Format [Stereo mode] WAV (Quantization: 16/24bit, Sampling frequency: 44.1/48/96kHz), MP3(Bitrates: 32/40/48/56/64/80/96/112/128/160/192/224/256/320kbps/VBR, Sampling frequency: 44.1/48kHz), [4ch mode] WAV (Quantization: 16/24bit, Sampling frequency: 44.1/48kHz) Display Backlit LCD (128 x 64 pixels) Built-in Stereo Mic Unidirectional condenser, 90° XY stereo format Gain -∞ dB to +39 dB( Minimum gain with digital attenuation: -28dB) Maximum Sound Pressure Level 120dB SPL Mic / Line Input 1/8" stereo mini jack (Plug-in power supported) Input impedance 1.8 k Ω or more Phones / Line Output 1/8" stereo phone jack USB Interface USB 2.0 High Speed Power RequirementsAA size (LR6) battery x 2AC adapter: AD-17 (DC5V/1A/USB-type) (optional)USB bus power Battery Life 10 hours (MP3), 9.5 hours (WAV) Dimensions 66.8(W) x 135.2(D) x 42.1(H)mm Weight (without batteries) 176g ( without batteries)
Review this product