A compact and easy to use recorder, filtering unwanted noise pollution and additional functions such as over- dubbing to record onto existing files
Record Clean and Clear Audio Everywhere
The Tascam DR-07X is a handheld digital recorder and USB audio interface building on the popular, powerful Tascam DR-07. Ideal for music recording, sound design and more, the DR-07X offers immense power and performance in a compact package. A pair of cardioid condenser microphones handles high sound pressure levels and can be set up in AB or XY orientation for a wide stereo field or extra-clear reproduction with reduced phase displacement between both channels. Users can also use their own microphone or line-level source through the mini-jack stereo input which includes plug-in power for microphones that need it. And with increased capacity for microSDXC cards up to 128 GB, the DR-07X can literally record for days on end.
Tascam DR-07X Mobile Audio Recorder is simple to operate
The DR-07X has a simple multilingual user interface, making it easy to access recording, adjusting levels, deleting takes, adding markers, and other common functions with just the click of a thumb. Menus are available in English, Spanish, Portuguese, French, Italian, German, Russian, Chinese, Korean, Japanese. Three different auto level modes (Limiter, Peak Reduction, Auto Level) can help to prevent accidental distortion while recording. Users may apply one out of six reverb effects to the input or output signal, and an Overdub feature allows voices or instruments to be added to existing audio files. There is also a Level Align function that allows to smooth out any sudden volume jumps during playback, and a built-in speaker is provided for quick check-back. Other features like variable speed audition, low-cut filtering, chromatic tuner and more can be chosen from the menu.
Tascam DR-07X Portable Audio Recorder helps with transcriptions
The new Dictation Mode enables the user to jump back and forth in preselected increments while playing back a file. It can be combined with speed control and a special dictation EQ making it useful for transcribing minutes recordings, for example. The new tape-style Overwrite mode with one level of undo allows users to select a drop-in time and replace part of an existing recording.
Tascam DR-07X Portable Audio Recorder can be used as a USB interface
Apart from handheld recording, the DR-07X can also be used as a USB audio interface with two inputs and outputs, making it a strong yet easy gear for voiceover work, live streaming, podcasting and songwriting with studio-quality audio.
Adjustable Microphones for Preferred Stereo Image.
Tascam DR-07X – AB and XY mic positionThe DR-07X is equipped with adjustable unidirectional microphones that can be used for recording in both the AB position and XY position. Advanced microphone placing allows for a wide stereo sound recording or a clear stereo sound recording with less phase difference, making it possible to achieve professional quality results.
Tascam DR-07X – AB and XY sound fieldWhat is A-B and X-Y stereo?
For example, even if you want to record an acoustic guitar duo one day and a large choir or band concert on the other day, you can change the mic orientation and set it for more suitable stereo capturing. AB orientation captures a wider horizon with the image sounding farther away. On the other hand, XY can prevent missing parts of the signal in the centre of the stereo image, the so-called sweet spot. This is why XY orientation delivers a tighter image.
Never Miss the Beginning.
Tascam DR-07X | Never Miss the Beginning With Auto RecordingTascam DR-07X | Never Miss the Beginning With Auto RecordingThe auto-recording function can detect the signal level of the input sound to start recording automatically. And the pre-recording function provides fail-safe protection by actually capturing the audio up to two seconds before you press the Record button.
Still Safe If It’s Louder Than You Thought.
Peak Reduction works in rehearsal mode or in record. So even if the sound or performance is louder than the soundcheck you’re safe. Combined with Auto Level and Limiter for preventing distortion, you never have to worry about sudden level changes.
No Need to Go Through “Take 2” All Over Again.
If you don’t like the last part of a phrase you just recorded with your guitar, or if you change your mind and want to rephrase narration, the “Overwrite mode” is exactly what you need. It allows punch-in recording from a desired point. This means destructive editing with one level of undo.
The overdubbing function makes it possible to record while playing a previously recorded file. This allows you to record other parts such as a guitar solo over a backing track made such as at a rehearsal studio. Overdubbing creates a new file, leaving the original file unaffected, thus making it easy to re-record.
192 Hours of CD-Quality With a Single Memory Card.
The DR-07X supports SDXC cards as recording media, which are available with very large data capacities. If you record one stereo file in 44.1-kHz / 16-bit CD quality, it can be as long as 192 hours. In MP3 format at 320 kBit/s, such a card can hold up to 896 hours (that is 37 days!).
- High-quality handheld stereo recording
- Small size and easy operation
- Micro SD/SDHC/SDXC cards can be used as recording media (up to 128 GB)
- Supported audio formats:
- Linear PCM (WAV format) at 44.1 kHz / 16 bit (CD quality) or 44.1 kHz / 24 bit
- Linear PCM (WAV format), 48 kHz / 24 bit
- Linear PCM (WAV format), 96 kHz / 24 bit
- Compressed (MP3 format): 32–320 kbit/s at 44.1/48 kHz (VBR files can be played but not recorded)
- Can be used as a USB audio interface with Mac and Windows computers (two inputs, two outputs)
- Built-in cardioid stereo condenser microphone
- Proven high sound pressure design for capturing sounds of up to 125 dB SPL, making it ideal for loud band recordings
- Easy setup (AB and XY configuration supported)
- XY configuration allows mono compatible recordings and high sound localization acuity (lively interviews or field recordings with ambience)
- Good directivity and channel separation
- Ideal for live music and field recording, news gathering etc.
- Switchable filter to minimize unwanted low-frequency noise (40 Hz, 80 Hz, 120 Hz)
- Manual recording level setting for music and field recording
- Three options of automatic level control during recording: Peak Reduction, Auto Level, Limiter
- Auto-recording function to automatically start recording based on input level
- Marks can be added automatically when using the automatic recording function
- Overwrite function for punch-in recording with one level of Undo
- Overdub function for non-destructive overdubbing
- Dictation mode designed for human voice recording and transcription
- Pre-recording buffer (2 seconds) allows a recording to start before the record key is pressed
- Self-timer allows a recording to start 5 or 10 seconds after pressing the RECORD button
- A new file can be created manually during recording or automatically when a certain file size is reached
- Set marks to quickly locate certain audio positions (up to 99 per file)
- Automatic tone generator convenient when editing with video on other equipment
- Stereo mic/line input with plug-in power to connect an external source or microphone
- File name format can be set to use a predefined word or the date
- Automatic level align prevents uneven playback levels
- Variable speed audition to change the playback tempo without affecting the key (50–200 %)
- Repeat/loop function (repeat one track, all tracks or a marked section, convenient for practicing music and studying languages
- Playlist feature to play files in a certain order
- Resume function retains the last stop position and starts playback from that position when power is turned back on
- Jump back function to instantly review playback (1–10, 20, 30 seconds)
- Equalizer for tone control during playback
- MP3 ID3 tag display (up to version 2.4)
- Built-in loudspeaker
- Headphones/Line output
- Built-in reverb effect (6 presets, can be applied to input or output signal)
- Chromatic tuner function to tune your instrument
- QUICK menu button for easy access to various functions
- File divide function to cut unwanted noise or to extract parts from long recordings
- Folder management to organize your files
- Hold function to avoid inadvertent operation
- Menu language can be selected between English, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, Korean, Japanese, Chinese
- Clear, backlit LC display
- USB 2.0 port for file transfer to/from computer
- Power supply by 2 AA size Alkaline or NiMH batteries, USB bus power or optional AC adapter (Tascam PS-P520E)
- Stand adapter (¼ inch) on bottom side to attach the unit to a tripod or microphone stand
General Recording media microSD card (64 MB - 2 GB) microSDHC card (4-32 GB) Recording/playback format WAV: 44.1/48/96 kHz, 16/24-bit MP3: 44.1/48 kHz, 32/64/96/128/192/256/320 kbps Number of channels 2 channels (stereo) Analogue audio inputs and outputs Microphone/Line input 3.5-mm stereo mini jack (supporting plug-in power) Input impedance 25 kOhm Nominal input level –20 dBV Maximum input level –4 dBV Line/headphones output 3.5-mm stereo mini jack Output impedance 12 Ohm Nominal output level –14 dBV (10 kOhm load) Maximum output level +2 dBV (10 kOhm load) Maximum output power (phones) 20 mW + 20 mW (32 Ohm load) Built-in loudspeaker 0.3 W (monaural) Other inputs and outputs USB jack Mini-B type Format USB 2.0 HIGH SPEED mass storage class Audio performance Frequency response 20 - 20 kHz +1/–3 dB (44.1 kHz, EXT IN to LINE OUT, JEITA) 20 Hz – 22 kHz +1/–3 dB (48 kHz, EXT IN to LINE OUT, JEITA) 20 Hz – 40 kHz +1/–3 dB (96 kHz, EXT IN to LINE OUT, JEITA) Total harmonic distortion 0.05 % or less (EXT IN to LINE OUT, Fs 44.1/48/96 kHz, JEITA) S/N ratio 92 dB or more (EXT IN to LINE OUT, Fs 44.1/48/96 kHz, JEITA) Note for JEITA Conforming to JEITA CP-2150 Computer compatibility Supported OS Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 Macintosh Mac OS X 10.2 or later Windows Pentium 300 MHz or faster 128 MB or more memory USB port (USB 2.0 recommended Macintosh Power PC, iMac, G3, G4 266 MHz or faster 64 MB or more memory USB port (USB 2.0 recommended) Recommended USB host controller Intel chipset Power supply and other specifications Power supply Two AA batteries (Alkaline or Ni-MH) USB bus power supplied from a computer AC adaptor (TASCAM PS-P515U, sold separately) Power consumption 1.7 W (maximum) Dimensions (W x H x D) 68 mm x 158 mm x 26 mm (Mics folded in) 90 mm x 158 mm x 26 mm (Mics folded out) Weight 0,127 kg (without batteries) Operating temperature range 0–40 °C
- Review this product