A compact and easy to use recorder, filtering unwanted noise pollution and additional functions such as over- dubbing to record onto existing files
Record Clean and Clear Audio Everywhere
The DR-05X offers portable, high-quality stereo recording in MP3 or WAV format – including 96-kHz/24-bit high-resolution audio – using microSD, microSDHC or microSDXC media. A pair of omni-directional mics handles up to 125 dB SPL with the sensitivity to capture every detail. Users can also use their own microphone or line-level source through the mini-jack stereo input which includes plug-in power for microphones that need it.
Simple to Operate
The DR-05X is quick and easy to use with one thumb. Operations like recording, adjusting levels, deleting bad takes and adding marks are only a button press away. Other features like low-cut filtering, Variable Speed Audition, chromatic tuner and others more can be chosen from the multilingual menu (English, Spanish, Portuguese, French, Italian, German, Russian, Chinese, Korean, Japanese). Three different auto level modes (Limiter, Peak Reduction, Auto Level) can help to prevent accidental distortion while recording. There is also a Level Align function that allows to smooth out any sudden volume jumps during playback, and a built-in speaker is provided for quick check-back. Users may apply one out of six reverb effects to the input or output signal, and an Overdub feature allows to record other parts such as a guitar solo over a recording previously made such as at a rehearsal studio. Overdubbing creates a new file, leaving the original file unaffected, making it easy to re-record.
Transcript Your Voice Recordings
The new Dictation Mode enables the user to jump back and forth in preselected increments while playing back a file. It can be combined with speed control and a special dictation EQ making it useful for transcribing minutes recordings, for example. The new tape-style Overwrite mode with one level of undo allows users to select a drop-in time and replace part of an existing recording.
Turn Your Room Into a Studio – In a Minute
Apart from handheld recording, the DR-05X can also be used as a USB audio interface with two inputs and outputs, making it a tool for voiceover work, live streaming, podcasting and songwriting with studio-quality audio. Two AA batteries can power the recorder for more than 17 hours, even while recording at CD quality. Operation by USB bus power or an optional AC adapter (PS-P520E) is also possible.
Still Safe If It’s Louder Than You Thought.
If you don’t like the last part of a phrase you just recorded with your guitar, or if you change your mind and want to rephrase narration, the “Overwrite mode” is exactly what you need. It allows punch-in recording from a desired point. This means destructive editing with one level of undo.
The overdubbing function makes it possible to record while playing a previously recorded file. This allows you to record other parts such as a guitar solo over a backing track made such as at a rehearsal studio. Overdubbing creates a new file, leaving the original file unaffected, thus making it easy to re-record.
192 hours of CD-Quality With a Single Memory Card.
The DR-05X supports SDXC cards as recording media, which are available with very large data capacities. If you record one stereo file in 44.1-kHz / 16-bit CD quality, it can be as long as 192 hours. In MP3 format at 320 kBit/s, such a card can hold up to 896 hours (that is 37 days!).
- High-quality handheld stereo recording
- Small size and easy operation
- Micro SD/SDHC/SDXC cards can be used as recording media (up to 128 GB)
- Supported audio formats:
- Linear PCM (WAV format) at 44.1 kHz / 16 bit (CD quality) or 44.1 kHz / 24 bit
- Linear PCM (WAV format), 48 kHz / 24 bit
- Linear PCM (WAV format), 96 kHz / 24 bit
- Compressed (MP3 format): 32–320 kbit/s at 44.1/48 kHz (VBR files can be played but not recorded)
- NEW: Can be used as a USB audio interface with Mac and Windows computers (two inputs, two outputs)
- Built-in omni-directional stereo condenser microphone for lively, high-quality sound and high-resolution recording
- Easy setup
- Proven high sound pressure design for capturing sounds of up to 125 dB SPL, making it ideal for loud band recordings
- Natural sound independent of the sound source’s position
- Ideal for live music recording or news gathering with atmo
- Switchable filter to minimize unwanted low-frequency noise (40 Hz, 80 Hz, 120 Hz)
- Manual recording level setting for music and field recording
- Three options of automatic level control during recording: Peak Reduction, Auto Level, Limiter
- Auto-recording function to automatically start recording based on input level
- Marks can be added automatically when using the automatic recording function
- NEW: Overwrite function for punch-in recording with one level of Undo
- NEW: Dictation mode designed for human voice recording and transcription
- Pre-recording buffer (2 seconds) allows a recording to start before the record key is pressed
- Self-timer allows a recording to start 5 or 10 seconds after pressing the RECORD button
- A new file can be created manually during recording or automatically when a certain file size is reached
- Set marks to quickly locate certain audio positions (up to 99 per file)
- Automatic tone generator convenient when editing with video on other equipment
- Stereo mic/line input with plug-in power to connect an external source or microphone
- File name format can be set to use a predefined word or the date
- Automatic level align prevents uneven playback levels
- Variable speed audition to change the playback tempo without affecting the key (50–200 %)
- Repeat/loop function (repeat one track, all tracks or a marked section, convenient for practicing music and studying languages
- Playlist feature to play files in a certain order
- Resume function retains the last stop position and starts playback from that position when power is turned back on
- Jump back function to instantly review playback (1–10, 20, 30 seconds)
- Equalizer for tone control during playback
- MP3 ID3 tag display (up to version 2.4)
- Built-in loudspeaker
- Headphones/Line output
- QUICK menu button for easy access to various functions
- Chromatic tuner function to tune your instrument
- File divide function to cut unwanted noise or to extract parts from long recordings
- Folder management to organize your files
- Hold function to avoid inadvertent operation
- Menu language can be selected between English, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, Korean, Japanese, Chinese
- Clear, backlit LC display
- USB 2.0 port for file transfer to/from computer
- Power supply by 2 AA size Alkaline or NiMH batteries, USB bus power or optional AC adapter (Tascam PS-P520E)
- Stand adapter (¼ inch) on bottom side to attach the unit to a tripod or microphone stand
Have done so many interviews on this and can't think how I coped before. The data transfer is simple and the sound quality is crisp and clear.
Anonymous visitor from Canada
- Review this product