SOUND4 PULSE - PCIe Card3 Band FM and HD Audio Processor
PULSE - PCIe Card
The SOUND4 PULSE PCIe Card is a three-band processor and the smallest device in the FM product line.
SOUND4 PULSE Fields of ApplicationThe SOUND4 PULSE is a three-band processor and the smallest device in the FM product line. It is particularly well-suited to the following uses:
For small radios, as a principal processor. It is fully compliant with radio broadcast standards while at the same time having a strong, clear and balanced sound.For transmitter finalization, with a SOUND4 PULSE located in the studio. All radio standards are met.For radios seeking natural but powerful tonalities.As a web radio processor, thanks to its algorithms, specially optimized for this kind of application. Furthermore, its low cost makes it affordable for any radio station wishing to set itself apart from other stations.As a small standby processor.The SOUND4 PULSE can thus be used as an audio broadcaster thanks to the PCIe entry driver, as a processor thanks to the processing functions and as an Audio streamer thanks to the streaming option.
A Highly Versatile ProcessorThe SOUND4 PULSE is the first small processor that has been specifically developed for new radio markets. The outputs can thus be used simultaneously for FM and HD, DAB, DRM or, of course, WebRadio.An Integrated Backup SolutionMuch more than a mere processor, the SOUND4 PULSE has Audio Backup functionalities. Due to the capacity of its hard disk to store audio files, it is the first processor that guarantees continuity of the on-air program, solving the problem of radio silence.
An Integrated Basic RDS EncoderIn addition to being a high-quality processor and offering a backup audio source, the SOUND4 PULSE also provides the option of a basic or a full RDS encoder, the latter being UECP-compatible.
Fully Compliant with All StandardsWith the SOUND4 PULSE, clients can be sure that they have a product which meets the various radio broadcast standards worldwide. It thus fulfills the following criteria:
Excursion in frequency - once the output level is fixed at 75kHz, it will never go beyond this maximum limit.Multiplex Power - valid mainly in Europe, the ITU-R 412 recommendation is applied perfectly in accordance with the requirements of the radio broadcasting authorities.Software Options Available *Basic RDS EncoderFull RDS EncoderPCI Audio Driver InPCI Audio Driver OutStreaming ExtensionIP TxIP Tx2IP RxIP Rx2IP RX + TxDual IP Tx + RXIP Pass ThroughBreakout cable for FM/HD processors and IP CONNECT (PCIe In-Card)* All Software Options are subject to an additional payment. For pricing please Contact Us.
The SOUND4 PULSE PCIe card
- 100% autonomous in terms of resources - the card only requires power from the PC.
- 4 inputs - AES from 32 to 192 kHz, analog, IP (Livewire or SOUND4 IP CONNECT) and PCI (audio driver).
- Mixing of inputs and automatic safety function.
- 5 simultaneous and independent outputs - TX1, TX2, AES, Analog IP (Livewire or SOUND4 IP CONNECT) and PCI (audio driver).
- Routing of signals for outputs.
- Relay switch for automatic by-pass.
- Digital AES/EBU synchronization input.
- DSP computing power - 4 Giga Flops (Sharc 40 bits with floating point).
- GUI and driver compatible 32 & 64 bits - Windows 7, Windows 8 & 8.1, Windows 10, 2008 R2, 2012 and Linux (Debian)
- Multicard driver (the quantity of PCIe slots will be equal to the number of cards admissible in the same PC).
- Start-up time of the SOUND4 PULSE card - 2 seconds max to being on air.
- 100% upgradeable to IMPACT. While updating the card, the sound is interrupted for only two seconds.
User-Friendly Control Interface
- Sound setting from one single screen – you no longer need to open and close windows to go from one function to another.
- Two modes - Basic and Advanced. Basic - provides simplicity and rapidity; Advanced - allows you to explore all of the processor functionalities. There are also ultra-rapid VU meters for true control over modulation.
- Unlimited “Undo/Redo” versioning function for presets with possibility of recall.
- Innovative “compare” function with reference notion.
- Log function for presets.
- A readable and interactive diagram.
- A remote connection manager to control several processors.
- Works with the following operating systems - WXP SP3, W7 32&64 bits, W8 32&64 bits, WS 2008 R2, WS 2012, Linux (Debian).
- Main sampling process frequency of 192 kHz.
- Sound coloring and stereo enhancement effect (Tone FX and Stereo FX).
- 2-band AGC.
- 2-band process with Fidelity and Sound Impact System (S.I.S.).
- 3-band limiter.
- Look Ahead limiter for the HD outlet.
- MPX power controller (BS412 compliant).
- Stereo Matrixing for more stability in loudness and sound tone when the receiver switches from mono/stereo/mono.
- 19 kHz embedded pilot to gain close to 1 dB more in loudness.
- Delay - 30 ms for FM path, 11 ms for HD path.
- Basic RDS encoder (with scrolling PS)
- Full RDS (UECP-compatible)
- IP Codec - SOUND4 IP Connect
- Audio Backup - thanks to the audio driver
- Audio streaming - 6 encoders (MP3, AAC, HE-AAC v1 & v2), compatible with all delivery servers (Icecast, Shoutcast v1 & V2, Flash, Wowza)
- Replication of inputs
- Link & Share - 100% of all parameters are accessible via the telnet protocol
- Panels – the device allows you to create your own panels with unlimited functionality
- Preset Sharing - the ultimate solution to managing an unlimited number of processors. All of them are automatically updated if a one of them is modified.
Input StateThe SOUND4 PULSE has four inputs - Digital, Analog, IP (Livewire or SOUND4 IP Connect) and PCI. On the software interface, the input currently in use is indicated by a triangle on the left side of its name.2-Band AGCWith the SOUND4 PULSE, the first processing function is the 2-Band AGC - automatic gain control whose main purpose is to stabilize the loudness level applied to the input of the processor and prevent noticeable level differences between recent and old titles.
Tone FXThe Tone FX makes coloring of sound before dynamic processing possible. To do so, it groups together two types of processing functions:A 4-band parametric equalizer; An effect system making it possible to strengthen low frequencies and high frequencies. The two functions offer results that are entirely different, which is why they are gathered on one single screen.In Basic mode, use of the four parametric equalizers is simplified to the maximum. Only the gain for each correction is accessible. For FX Bass and FX Treble, dosage of the effect is also made accessible.In Advanced mode, users have access to all equalizer parameters (gain, frequency and Q factor).Stereo FXSOUND4 PULSE has a true stereo enlarger, 100% mono-compatible. Its role is to sublimate the existing stereo image. It will thus never create stereo in mono sources. In addition to embellishing the stereo image, it also has a 3-band stereo image limiter acting on the control of the energy transmitted by the stereo sub-porter at 38 kHz. This unique functionality limits issues currently caused by the traditional enlargement processes. The stability of reception in areas disturbed by multiple routes is thus greatly optimized.The 3-Band ProcessThe 3-band Process is the heart of dynamic processing. With SOUND4 PULSE, a single algorithm guarantees the gain in each of the bands in order to complete sound stabilization. “Coloring” is controlled by the Fidelity parameter. Thus, it is possible to have a purist and a colored sound texture.The 3-band Process is achieved through the revolutionary algorithm S.I.S. (Sound Impact System), which makes it possible to maintain the authenticity of the original sound attacks.The 3-Band LimiterThe main purpose of the 3-band Limiter is to prepare the work of the final limiter. It is also provided with a very powerful predictive algorithm, which has been simplified to the maximum, so that it is not encumbered with useless parameters.The Final LimiterThe Final Limiter comprises two sections - one for FM applications and one for HD applications.The FM Section consists of a Bass Clipper, guaranteeing powerful bass without distortion, an FM limiter and an MPX limiter.The HD Section is specifically designed for high quality digital applications (HD/DAB/DRM). This is a look-ahead type of limiter and in this mode the outputs are not limited to 15 kHz.Assignment of OutletsThe outlets of SOUND4 PULSE are fully assignable. For example, the analog outlet may replicate the signal which is applied to the analog input, the digital outlet delivers an HD signal, the TX1 outlet delivers the MPX signal and the TX2 outlet drives the 19-kHz pilot signal.
ANALOG INPUT Quantity 1 stereo Level 2 ranges (+12 or +24 dBu - software selectable) Impedance 10 kΩ Connectors XLR female balanced, EMI suppressed; DIGITAL INPUT Quantity 1 stereo Standard AES 3 Sampling Rate 32 to 192kHz, 24 bits XLR female balanced , EMI suppressed; AES/EBU Input Sync Quantity/Connector 1 BNC female connector Sync Type Word Clock - 32 to 192 kHz Level 1 to 6 Volts SCA/RDS Input Quantity/Connector 1 BNC femail connector Type Adder Analog Output Quantity 1 stereo Level 2 ranges (+12 or + 24 dBu - software selectable) Load Impedance Tyical 10k - maximum load impedance 300 ohm at 24 dBu Connectors XLR male balanced, EMI suppressed; Digital Output Quantity 1 stereo Standard AES3 Sampling Rate 32 to 192kHz, 24 bits Connectors XLR male balanced, EMI suppressed; Stereo Generator MPX Output Quantity/Connector 2x separate oututs which can deliver MPX or 19 kHz pilot Signal MPX or 19kHz pilot Level 2 ranges (+6 or +18dBu - software selectable) Load Impedance BNC female - EMI suppressed Audio Performances Processing Delay HD path - 11ms, FM path - 30 ms Frequency Response 30Hz - 15 kHz +/-0.2dB (de-emphasized measured on Analog output) Noise >90 dB (de-emphasized) Distortion <0.2% THD (de-emphasized) Separation >70 dB Sub to Main Crosstalk / Main to Sub Crosstalk >75 dB Audio Drivers Linux (Debian) Alsa Mircosoft Windows WDM/Direct Sound compatible 32 & 64 bits - Windows 7 - Windows 8 - Windows 10 - Windows Server 2008 R2 - Windows Server 2012 PCI Express Card Standard PCI express x1 (compatible with x2, x4, x8, x16 slots) Board Power Supply Connector type Molex IDE 4 pins male Board Consumption 10 watts typical, 30 watts when all outputs are loaded to max Size 185 x 106mm (without connectors) Compatible Operating System For SOUND4 PCIe Cards Linux Linux (Debian) Microsoft Windows 32 & 64 bits - Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2012 Compatible Operating Sustem for SOUND4 Remote Software Linux Linux (Debian) Microsoft Windows 32 & 64 bits - Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2012 PC To Client Communication Interface TCP/IP Client (Remote) / Server (Impact) architecture via Ethernet Link & Share 100% All parameters are accessible via simple Telnet protocol
Review this product