- SOUND4 IMPACT is sound processing technology at its best. No small detail is overlooked in this product which delivers innovation, multifunctionality and dependability in equal measure to produce the consistently loud and clear sound you need. It has a powerful processing chain which includes 2-band input Automatic Gain Control, based on signal strength and no longer on electrical average values. It automatically detects differences in levels to smooth out variations in sound perception. Its structure ensures perfect stability and enhanced vocals combined with a good bass presence.
The SOUND4 IMPACT introduces an innovative process - mono and stereo parts of the signal are processed separately to obtain perfect consistency in terms of both sound and level. Therefore, in moving reception, when the FM receiver switches from stereo to mono and back to stereo, the sound variations and changes in level are reduced by over 90%. In the SOUND4 IMPACT processing chain, the stereo expander can be used substantially without any limitations.
With the 6-band processor, a single algorithm guarantees the gain in each of the bands in order to complete sound stability. “Coloring” is controlled by the Fidelity parameter, which means that it is possible to have a "purist" and a "colored" sound texture. The 3-band limiter prepares the work of the final limiter and is provided with a very powerful algorithm, simplified to the maximum, so that it is not encumbered with useless parameters.
One of the most significant features of the SOUND4 IMPACT is the 4-band parametric equalizer, which is not there to "build a sound" but rather allows some final little touch-up that may be required before the final limiting section.Software Options Available *SOUND4 IMPACT has reliable backup capabilities and a number of options. These include Basic and Full RDS, Streaming Extension, IP TX + RX and Dual IP TX + RX to name but a few. It can also perform Internet radio streaming and has six fully configurable encoders supporting MP3, AAC and HE-AAC v1 and v2. A full list of all software options is available below:Basic RDS EncoderFull RDS EncoderStreaming ExtensionIP TxIP Tx2IP RxIP Rx2IP RX + TxDual IP Tx + RXIP Pass ThroughEmergency URL PlayerEmergency Audio Player* All Software Options are subject to an additional payment. For pricing please Contact Us.SOUND4 IMPACT comes in a convenient, compact 1U case and has a dual power supply, which is a standard feature of all SOUND4 In-box products and provides constant, uninterrupted operation of your unit. Combined with an affordable price and the easy-to-use remote control interface, this is the ultimate sound processing tool.
The SOUND4 IMPACT
- Dual Power supply
- 2 Processing path: FM & HD
- Inputs: 2 AES/EBU 32 to 192 kHz, 2 analog, 2 AES-67/Livewire, 2 IP Codec (SOUND4 IP CONNECT), 2 SUB (insert for RDS/RBDS...)
- Outputs: 2 AES/EBU 32 to 192 kHz, 2 analog, 2 AES-67/Livewire, 2 IP Codec (SOUND4 IP CONNECT), 2 MPX
- Digital AES/EBU and wordclock synchronization inputs.
- 3 independent Ethernet ports: Admin, AES-67, IP-CONNECT
- GPIO: 8 inputs, 8 outputs, advanced management with scripts
- GPS Sync for System time and AoIP Sync
- Micro SD: High capacity management, SDXC compatible standard (up to 2TB), for music storage and more
- Two USB ports: front and rear (for preset & upgrade loading and other functionalities)
- Headphone output on front panel with the possibility to listen each Input or Output
- Full Routing management: Patch points with Insert and Mix on all stages, routing of signals to any Inputs and Outputs
- Automatic failover input switching with crossfade
- Diversity Delay: up to 20 seconds
- Relay switch for automatic by-pass
- Fully controllable from front Panel
- GUI remote control compatible 32 & 64 bits - Windows 7, Windows 8 & 8.1, Windows 10, 2008 R2, 2012 and Linux (Debian)
- HTML5 GUI: Inputs and outputs setup, preset change, upgrades...
- Start-up time of SOUND4 IMPACT: 2 seconds to be on air (Analog Input or AES/EBU input)
- Total DSPs computing power for audio Processing: 16,2 Giga Flops (Sharc 40 bits with floating point + other DSPs)
- Total ARMs computing power for product management and extra functions: 4 GMips
User-Friendly Control Interface
- Sound setting from one single screen - you no longer need to open and close windows to go from one function to another
- Two modes - Basic and Advanced. Basic mode provides simplicity and rapidity; Advanced mode allows you to explore all the processor functionalities. There are also ultra-rapid VU meters for true control over modulation
- Advanced meterings with FFT and MPX Power
- Unlimited “Undo/Redo” versioning function for presets with possibility of recall
- Innovative “compare to reference” function
- Log comment feature follow each preset
- A readable and interactive path diagram
- A remote connection manager to control several processors
- Works with the following operating systems - WXP SP3, W7 32& 64 bits, W8 32 & 64 bits, WS 2008 R2, WS 2012, Linux (Debian)
- HQ Sound, main sampling process frequency of 192 kHz.
- 2-band AGC
- 4-band EQ + Tone FX and Stereo FX
- Stereo enhancer
- 6-band process with Fidelity and Sound Impact System (S.I.S.)
- 3-band limiter
- 4-band EQ
- Final limiters
- FM path - Bass Clipper + FM Limiter + MPX Limiter
- HD path - Look Ahead limiter for the HD output
- Voice Smoother to avoid distortion problems on certain voices
- BS412 compliant MPX power controller
- Typical processing delay at 1 KHz:
- HD output: 15.2 ms
- FM output: 28.1 ms
- MPX output: 33.8 ms
Other key points:
- 19 kHz embedded pilot to gain close to 1 dB more in loudness!
- Auto-Mono: Switch off pilot 19 KHz on mono sources for better receiving in FM
- Stereo Matrixing for better stability in loudness and sound tone when the receiver switches from mono/stereo/mono
- Adjustable Filters Frequencies in 2-band AGC, 6-band Process and 3-Band Limiter
- Basic RDS encoder (with scrolling PS)
- Full RDS (UECP-compatible)
- IP Codec - SOUND4 IP CONNET (manage up to 32 Links!)
- Emergency Player: Audio program backup, 2 music libraries, 1 Jingle Library + rules management
- Audio streaming - 3 encoders (MP3, AAC, HE-AAC v1 & v2), compatible with all delivery servers (Icecast, Shoutcast v1 & V2, HLS, Flash, Wowza)
- Link & Share - 100% of all parameters are accessible via the telnet protocol
- Software Panels - the device allows you to create your own panels with unlimited functionality
- Preset Sharing - the ultimate solution to manage an unlimited number of processors. All of them are automatically updated if one of them is modified
- Input StateThe SOUND4 IMPACT has four inputs - Digital, Analog, IP (Livewire or SOUND4 IP Connect) and PCI. On the software interface, the input currently in use is indicated by a triangle on the left side of its name.2-Band AGCWith the SOUND4 IMPACT, the first processing function is the 2-Band AGC - automatic gain control whose main purpose is to stabilize the loudness level applied to the input of the processor and prevent noticeable level differences between recent and old titles.Tone FXThe Tone FX makes coloring of sound before dynamic processing possible. To do so, it groups together two types of processing functions:A 4-band parametric equalizer;An effect system making it possible to strengthen low frequencies and high frequencies. The two functions offer results that are entirely different, which is why they are gathered on one single screen. In Basic mode, use of the four parametric equalizers is simplified to the maximum. Only the gain for each correction is accessible. For FX Bass and FX Treble, dosage of the effect is also made accessible. In Advanced mode, users have access to all equalizer parameters (gain, frequency and Q factor).Stereo FXSOUND4 IMPACT has a true stereo enlarger, 100% mono-compatible. Its role is to sublimate the existing stereo image. It will thus never create stereo in mono sources. In addition to embellishing the stereo image, it also has a 3-band stereo image limiter acting on the control of the energy transmitted by the stereo sub-porter at 38 kHz. This unique functionality limits issues currently caused by the traditional enlargement processes. The stability of reception in areas disturbed by multiple routes is thus greatly optimized.The 6-Band ProcessThe 6-band Process is the heart of dynamic processing. With SOUND4 IMPACT, a single algorithm guarantees the gain in each of the bands in order to complete sound stabilization. “Coloring” is controlled by the Fidelity parameter. Thus, it is possible to have a purist and a colored sound texture. The 3-band Process is achieved through the revolutionary algorithm S.I.S. (Sound Impact System), which makes it possible to maintain the authenticity of the original sound attacks.The 3-Band LimiterThe main purpose of the 3-band Limiter is to prepare the work of the final limiter. It is also provided with a very powerful predictive algorithm, which has been simplified to the maximum, so that it is not encumbered with useless parameters.The 4-Band Parametric EQThe parametric 4-band equalizer is by far the most impressive feature of the SOUND4 IMPACT. It is not there to "build a sound"; it allows some last little touchup if necessary before the final limiting section. In Basic mode, use of the four parametric equalizers is simplified to the maximum. Only the gain for each correction is accessible. For FX Bass and FX Treble, dosage of the effect is also made accessible. In Advanced mode, users have access to all equalizer parameters (gain, frequency and Q factor).The Final LimiterThe Final Limiter comprises two sections - one for FM applications and one for HD applications. The FM Section consists of a Bass Clipper, guaranteeing powerful bass without distortion, an FM limiter and an MPX limiter. The HD Section is specifically designed for high quality digital applications (HD/DAB/DRM). This is a look-ahead type of limiter and in this mode the outputs are not limited to 15 kHz.Assignment of Outlets
The outlets of SOUND4 IMPACT are fully assignable. For example, the analog outlet may replicate the signal which is applied to the analog input, the digital outlet delivers an HD signal, the TX1 outlet delivers the MPX signal and the TX2 outlet drives the 19-kHz pilot signal.
ANALOG INPUT Quantity 2 stereo Level 2 ranges (+12 or +24 dBu - software selectable) Impedance 10 kΩ Connectors 1 pair of XLR female balanced, EMI suppressed; 1 pair on a DB25 female (TASCAM pinout) balanced, EMI suppressed DIGITAL INPUT Quantity 2 stereo Standard AES3 Sampling Rate 32 to 192kHz, 24 bits 1x XLR female balanced , EMI suppressed; 1 on a DB25 female (TASCAM pinout) balanced, EMI suppressed AES/EBU Input Sync Quantity/Connector 1 on a DB25, EMI suppressed Sync Type Word Clock - 32 to 192 kHz Video PAL or NTSC Level 1 to 6 Volts Impedance 75 Ω SCA/RDS Input Quantity/Connector 2x BNC, EMI suppressed Type Adder Level Same as MPX output (adder) Impedance 75 Ω or 10 kΩ, jumper selectable Analog Output Quantity 2 stereo balanced (with automatic unbalancing) Level 2 ranges (+12 or + 24 dBu - software selectable) Load Impedance 10 kΩ typ. (> 300 Ω) Connectors 1 pair of XLR male balanced, EMI suppressed; 1 pair on a DB25 female (TASCAM pinout) balanced, EMI suppressed Digital Output Quantity 2 stereo Standard AES3 Sampling Rate 32 to 192kHz, 24 bits Connectors 1x XLR male balanced, EMI suppressed; 1 on a DB25 female (TASCAM pinout) balanced, EMI suppressed Stereo Generator MPX Output Quantity/Connector 2x independent BNC, EMI suppressed Signal MPX or 19kHz pilot Level 2 ranges (+6 or +18dBu - software selectable) Load Impedance 75 Ω typ. (> 35 Ω) Audio Specifications Processing Delay MPX 30ms Processing Delay Analog Out (HD) 11ms Frequency Response MPX 30Hz - 15 kHz +/-0.2dB (de-emphasized) Frequency Response Analog Out (HD) 30Hz - 20 kHz +/-0.2dB Signal to Noise >90 dB Distortion MPX <0.018% THD Distortion Analog <0.006% THD Separation >70 dB Audio Over IP Live Protocol (AES67) Ethernet 100Mbps; Compatible AES67, Ravenna, Livewire; 48kHz, 24 bits, stereo, >= 12 samples/packet (250µs), delay 1ms Transport protocol (IP) Ethernet 100Mbps; High quality stereo codec (32 to 200kbps) or linear; 2.5s compensation buffer Operating Conditions Operational between 0 – 50°C Size And Weight Dimensions (WxHxD) 485 x 44 x 260mm Shipping Weight 540 x 115 x 300 mm / 2.700 kg Power Supply Type Dual Redundant Voltage 100 – 260 Volt AC, < 40W Power Up Boot Boot time 3s Bypass Relay AES AES in => AES out Analog Analog in => Analog out Optional Interfaces USB 2.0, for upgrades micro SD card for music files RS232 DB25 standard, for RDS (shared with GPIO) GPS input For System time and AoIP Sync. SMA connector (active antenna) GPIO 8 inputs, 8 outputs (opto-isolated) with 5V supply (DB25 male) SOUND4 REMOTE CONTROL Software Operating Systems Linux Debian 32 & 64 bits Microsoft Windows 2 & 64 bits: Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2012 Weight 1.6 Kg PC To Client Communication Interface TCP/IP Client (Remote) / Server (Impact) architecture via Ethernet 1000Mbps Link & Share All parameters are accessible via simple Telnet protocol SNMP Supervision with Trap Feature
SOUND4 IMPACT - Base 6-Band Processor
SOUND4 IMPACT - Loaded 6-Band Processor Bundle, includes :
- Streaming Extension
- Emergency Player
- MPX over AES
- Review this product