The Net-Log is a new way to record and play audio. The Net-Log overcomes the inherent unreliability of PCs for long-term recording by providing a dedicated hardware recording platform that uses a simple network connection for audio playback. Playback software on a network connected PC streams the audio to the desktop where it can be archived as a file, or played out delayed.
The Sonifex Net-Log is a 4 channel audio logger which can record weeks of programming on a large internal hard-disk. The unit was designed as dedicated hardware for reliability reasons, i.e. there’s no PC motherboard in this machine. Although PC based systems are great for playback, they generally aren’t robust enough for continuous recording 24/7/365.
The Net-Log was designed from the ground up to offer :
- High reliability for continuous operation.
- High quality audio (mpeg compressed).
- Compatibility with existing broadcast & Windows based systems (bwf files can be saved).
- Automatic operation with very simple to use software.
- Dedicated reliable multi-channel recording hardware
- Easy to use Windows™ remote operation for playback, archiving, streaming and configuration
- Independently configurable channel pairs to record at different sample rates, different bit rates and in mono or stereo
- Recording duration configuration of the channels to suit your needs, e.g. 2 channels of low quality logging for 6 months together with two channels ofhigh quality logging for 1 week, on one machine
- Record inputs can be controlled remotely, e.g. snoop recording from miclive output of a mixer
- Automated voice recording - each channel can start and stop recording automatically by setting audio threshold levels, which means that it can be used for voice controlled systems and telephony recording
- Up to 250,000 recordings per channel can be made
- Each Net-Log has its own IP address, so a number of machines can be installed on the same network
- Fail-safe alarm indicators and remotes
- Password protection and security access rights to system
- Support for hard disk sizes up to 2048GB
- Recordings can be made using optional G.729 algorithm, allowing longer recordings and lower network traffic
G.729 audio quality is comparable to MPEG L2 at 32kbits/sec when used to record/playback speech
- Recording on Net-Log can be controlled serially by AMX, Crestron and Televic board room controllers
You will need to order one of the software stream lisences with the Netlog unit.
Physical Specification External Dimensions 1U 19" rack x 220mm deep Weight Nett: 2.5kg Gross: 3.5kg Audio Specification Input Impedance > 10k ohms balanced Input Gain Range -6dBu to +20dBu ref full scale digits Maximum Input Level +20dB Distortion <0.1% at 1kHz + 16dBu Signal to Noise Ratio 90 dB RMS A wtd. 22kHz bandwidth Wow and Flutter Unmeasurable Phase Error at 10kHz Unmeasurable Rear Panel Connections, Controls & Indicators Analogue Inputs (4) XLR 3 pin socket Input Level Controls (4) Rotary pre-set potentiometers Network RJ45 and BNC 10Mbps ethernet Network Status LEDs Rx, Tx, link and collision RS232 (2) 9 way D-type plug Alarm Outputs and Remote Inputs 15 way D-type plug Power IEC Power plug, 95-265 VAC, 47-63Hz Front Panel Controls & Indicators Controls Record control to instantly start Alarm Indicators (2) Disk drive alarm, archive alarm Level Indicators (4) Analogue input level for each channel Additional Information Sample Rates 16kHz, 22.05kHz, 24kHz, 32kHz, 44.1kHz and 48kHz Audio Format MPEG Layer 2 Recording Types Mono, dual mono, stereo Hard Disk Capacity A minimum hard-disk size of 300GB is fitted. Due to the rapidly changing nature of disk capacities, the hard-disk size installed may be larger than this. PC Soundcard Needed Any MS-WindowsTM compatible soundcard that can play PCM (.wav) audio files Equipment Type Net-Log-01 Net-Log 4 channel audio logger Net-Log-Win01 Net-Log Win MS-Windows 98/NT/ME/2000/XP software - two stream licence Net-Log-Win05 Net-Log Win MS-Windows 98/NT/ME/2000/XP software - five stream licence
Review this product