The Net-Log is a new way to record and play audio. The Net-Log overcomes the inherent unreliability of PCs for long-term recording by providing a dedicated hardware recording platform that uses a simple network connection for audio playback. Playback software on a network connected PC streams the audio to the desktop where it can be archived as a file, or played out delayed.
The Sonifex Net-Log is a 4 channel audio logger which can record weeks of programming on a large internal hard-disk. The unit was designed as dedicated hardware for reliability reasons, i.e. thereâ€™s no PC motherboard in this machine. Although PC based systems are great for playback, they generally arenâ€™t robust enough for continuous recording 24/7/365.
The Net-Log was designed from the ground up to offer :
- High reliability for continuous operation.
- High quality audio (mpeg compressed).
- Compatibility with existing broadcast & Windows based systems (bwf files can be saved).
- Automatic operation with very simple to use software.
- Dedicated reliable multi-channel recording hardware
- Easy to use Windowsâ„¢ remote operation for playback, archiving, streaming and configuration
- Independently configurable channel pairs to record at different sample rates, different bit rates and in mono or stereo
- Recording duration configuration of the channels to suit your needs, e.g. 2 channels of low quality logging for 6 months together with two channels ofhigh quality logging for 1 week, on one machine
- Record inputs can be controlled remotely, e.g. snoop recording from miclive output of a mixer
- Automated voice recording - each channel can start and stop recording automatically by setting audio threshold levels, which means that it can be used for voice controlled systems and telephony recording
- Up to 250,000 recordings per channel can be made
- Each Net-Log has its own IP address, so a number of machines can be installed on the same network
- Fail-safe alarm indicators and remotes
- Password protection and security access rights to system
- Support for hard disk sizes up to 2048GB
- Recordings can be made using optional G.729 algorithm, allowing longer recordings and lower network traffic
G.729 audio quality is comparable to MPEG L2 at 32kbits/sec when used to record/playback speech
- Recording on Net-Log can be controlled serially by AMX, Crestron and Televic board room controllers
You will need to order one of the software stream lisences with the Netlog unit.
Â Physical Specification External Dimensions 1U 19" rack x 220mm deep
Weight Nett: 2.5kg Gross: 3.5kg Â Â Audio Specification Input Impedance > 10k ohms balanced Input Gain Range -6dBu to +20dBu ref full scale digits Maximum Input Level +20dB Distortion <0.1% at 1kHz + 16dBu Signal to Noise Ratio 90 dB RMS A wtd. 22kHz bandwidth Wow and Flutter Unmeasurable Phase Error at 10kHz Unmeasurable Â Â Rear Panel Connections, Controls & Indicators Analogue Inputs (4) XLR 3 pin socket Input Level Controls (4) Rotary pre-set potentiometers Network RJ45 and BNC 10Mbps ethernet Network Status LEDs Rx, Tx, link and collision RS232 (2) 9 way D-type plug Alarm Outputs and Remote Inputs 15 way D-type plug Power IEC Power plug, 95-265 VAC, 47-63Hz Â Â Front Panel Controls & Indicators Controls Record control to instantly start Alarm Indicators (2) Disk drive alarm, archive alarm Level Indicators (4) Analogue input level for each channel Â Â Additional Information Sample Rates 16kHz, 22.05kHz, 24kHz, 32kHz, 44.1kHz and 48kHz Audio Format MPEG Layer 2 Recording Types Mono, dual mono, stereo Hard Disk Capacity A minimum hard-disk size of 300GB is fitted. Due to the rapidly changing nature of disk capacities, the hard-disk size installed may be larger than this. PC Soundcard Needed Any MS-WindowsTM compatible soundcard that can play PCM (.wav) audio files Â Â Equipment Type Net-Log-01 Net-Log 4 channel audio logger Net-Log-Win01 Net-Log Win MS-Windows 98/NT/ME/2000/XP software - two stream licence Net-Log-Win05 Net-Log Win MS-Windows 98/NT/ME/2000/XP software - five stream licence
- Review this product