The HY-03 is a high quality analogue telephone hybrid, which is suitable for most general telephony applications and is often used in radio and TV stations, bingo halls and dealing floors. The analogue HY-03 telephone hybrid is the replacement for the HY-02, which for many years has set the standard as an excellent value, high quality telephone hybrid.
The HY-03 can be used for any application where a clean telephone signal is required and the line is not subject to delay. The HY-03 retains many of the features of the HY-02 and adds some additional ones. Some of the features of the HY-03 include :
- Fully automatic – adapts to varying line conditions and has automatic signal limiting.
- Local and remote line hold switching – calls can be remotely switched through a mixing console.
- Momentary or permanent latching remotes can be enabled.
- Balanced mic/line input – 10kohm balanced input selectable for 0dBu clean feed line, or microphone level with adjustable gain.
- Balanced output – 0dBu low impedance balanced output, with output gain adjustment.
- Mixed output – the output can be a mix of the caller and mic/line input signals for recording both sides of the telephone conversation.
- Integrated ring detector – automatic call answering after a pre-determined number of rings.
- Fitted with K-break disconnect detection as standard with an option for dial-tone disconnect (HY-03DTD option).
- Line limiter, bandpass filter and output noise gate with preset threshold providing low distortion crystal clear audio.
- 28dB typical line balance rejection.
- Built-in power supply with switchable 115V, or 230V, mains input.
- BABT approval compliant with European PTT specifications.
Audio Specification Input Impedance – Line Mode (Clean Feed) 10kohm balanced 0dB Input Impedance – Microphone Mode 200ohm balanced Clean Feed Limiting Input +4dBu Microphone Level Range From 74dB to 40dB adjusted by preset pot Bandwidth to Telephone Line 250Hz – 4kHz, -3dB ref 1kHz Telephone Line Impedance Nominally 600ohm Telephone Line Impedance Range 300ohm to 1500ohm Output Impedance 50ohm balanced floating 0dBu Output Level Range +8dB to –14dB adjusted by preset pot Rejection Ratio 45dB on 1kHz tone, typically 28dB on complex waveforms, reference peak level of 0dB Ring Detector Sensitivity 1 ring to 6 rings Power 230V 50Hz, or 115V 60Hz. 6W for HY-03. Connections Mic/Line Input XLR 3 pin female Line Output XLR 3 pin male Telephone Line RJ11 6/4 socket Telephone Handset/Instrument RJ11 6/4 socket Remotes 9-way female ‘D’ type (socket) Power IEC mains (CEE22) Each unit is supplied with 1 x RJ11 to RJ11 telephone line lead, 1 x RJ11 to BT plug telephone line lead, 1 x BT handset socket to RJ11 plug adapter, spare fuses (2) for 230V & 115V operation, IEC mains lead fitted with moulded mains plug, handbook and warranty card. Accessories HY-03DTD Dial tone detect add-on board HY-03SCON Front panel conversion kit, HY-03 free standing to HY-03S 19” rack-mount front HY-03TCON Front panel conversion kit, HY-03 or HY-03S, to HY-03T 19” rack-mount front HY-02EC Eurocard version of HY-02 analogue TBU RD-02EC Eurocard version of ringing detector Equipment Type and Physical Specification Order Code Description Height Width Depth* Total Nett Weight Total Gross Weight HY-03 Automatic analogue TBU with ringing detector, free standing. 4.5cm 21.8cm 17.5cm 1.25kg 2.0kg HY-03 BB Automatic analogue TBU with ringing detector, free standing. For use with Broadcast Bionics Phonebox System 4.5cm 21.8cm 17.5cm 1.25kg 2.0kg HY-03S Automatic analogue TBU with ringing detector, 19" rack mounted. 4.5cm (1U) 48.3cm (19" rack width) 17.5cm 1.30kg 2.1kg HY-03S BB Automatic analogue TBU with ringing detector, 19" rack mounted. For use with Broadcast Bionics Phonebox System 4.5cm (1U) 48.3cm (19" rack width) 17.5cm 1.30kg 2.1kg HY-03T Twin automatic analogue TBU with ringing detector, 19" rack mounted. 4.5cm (1U) 48.3cm (19" rack width) 17.5cm 2.60kg 4.0kg HY-03T BB Twin automatic analogue TBU with ringing detector, 19" rack mounted. For use with Broadcast Bionics Phonebox System 4.5cm (1U) 48.3cm (19" rack width) 17.5cm 2.60kg 4.0kg *Depth is measured from the front of the divert button to the back of the remotes connectors.
Review this product