Sonifex Flashlog 8Audio Logger
Flashlog 8 is a configurable, ultra powerful multi-channel logger which uses the Auricon and Digitorc sound cards, IP based line inputs (Axia or Wheatstone), radio capture cards and internet radio streams, in a rugged, reliable 4U chassis to continuously log up to 2 years of radio broadcasts or audio.
Using the PC-DAB1-4 DAB+ multi-ensemble PCIe Radcap card, this latest hard disc logger records the entire contents of up to four ensembles. Decoding occurs during playback, showing DLS text, MOT slide shows and electronic programme guides along with the audio.
But DAB+ isn’t all you get with Flashlog 8. Taking advantage of today’s powerful multi-core processors and growing hard disc capacities, Flashlog 8 pushes back the barriers on traditional line and radio capture logging with the ability to record up to 64 stereo line channels, 32 stereo FM stations, 32 AM stations, 4 DAB+ ensembles and 32 internet radio streams, limited only by the number of PCIe slots on the motherboard.
The number of logging days can be independently set for each line, AM or FM channel, and for each DAB+ ensemble.
All text fields are Unicode-based, allowing multilingual display and entry.
Playback on both the logger and through Flashback 8 supports saving log extracts as MP3 (not available in the USA until 2018) as well as WAV, WMA and AVI files.
New Features of Flashlog 8 From Flashlog 7
- Internet stream capture of up to 32 internet radio streams, supporting Shoutcast, Icecast and RTMP protocols, MP3 and HE-AAC audio encoding and metadata recording.
- Capture of up to sixteen stereo inputs and playback outputs for Axia Livewire® and Wheatstone WheatNet®.
- Ability to increase or decrease the number of logging days on each line, AM, FM channel or DAB ensemble.
- Ability to create line channel sub-categories, allowing a total of up to 64 stereo line channels.
- MP3 option when saving audio segments (not yet available to USA customers).
- SNMP and FM RDS decoding supplied as standard.
- SNMP reporting of RDS RadioText and DAB DLS text, as well as DAB MOT and DLS status.
- Full Unicode support for international use.
- Dynamic calendar control shows the range of recorded days.
- Jump-to-earliest and jump-to-latest buttons on player.
- Logging of AXIA GPIO events.
- Support for the new PCIe multi-ensemble DAB+ Radcap card.
- Hardware RAID as standard.
PLEASE CONTACT US TO HELP WITH CONFIGURATION FOR YOUR REQUIREMENTS
- Analogue, AES-3, Axia Livewire and Wheatstone Wheatnet-IP line inputs.
- Up to 64 stereo inputs, each reconfigurable as a pair of mono inputs.
- Up to four assignable line sub-categories for grouping channels.
- Selectable audio compression rates ranging from 80kbps to lossless compression.
- Adjustable number of logging days on each input.
- Balanced inputs and outputs with XLR breakout cables supplied.
- Optional skimming control inputs.
- Live input monitoring on logger unit.
- Selectable audio failure alarms.
AM and FM Radio Capture
- Up to 32 AM stations and 32 FM stations.
- Adjustable number of logging days on each station.
- All FM logging in stereo.
- Received signal strength, FM stereo pilot and RDS indicators.
- Live monitoring on logger unit.
- FM RDS radiotext logging.
- Selectable carrier & audio failure alarms.
DAB+ Radio Capture
- Up to four DAB+ ensembles.
- Adjustable number of logging days on each ensemble.
- Entire MSC (main service channel) contents recorded.
- Receiver spectrum display, signal strength and quality indicators, and uncorrected error counter.
- Decodes legacy MP2 as well as HE-AAC v2 audio compression.
- Displays DLS text, MOT slides and electronic programme guide.
- Live monitoring of audio and data.
- Selectable ensemble, stream and audio failure alarms.
- Internet Stream Capture
- Up to 32 internet radio streams.
- Shoutcast, Icecast and RTMP protocols.
- MP3 and HE-AAC audio encoding.
- Metadata recording.
- Industrial 4U rack mount case.
- Optional inbuilt colour LCD screen with slide-out keyboard and mouse pad.
- Dual redundant hot-swappable power supplies.
- Hardware RAID-1 or RAID-5 swappable SATA hard discs with optional hot-standby disc.
- Inbuilt DVD R/W drive for easy archiving.
- Recording time of up to two years, settable on each channel or ensemble (subject to available disc space and dependent on the number of channels and audio compression rate used).
- 64-bit quad-core processor.
- 64-bit Windows 7 Professional operating system (Windows 8.1 is available as an option).
- Network playback using free Flashback 8 application (also compatible with Flashlog 5, 6 and 7 recorders).
- SNMP monitoring and alarms, including RDS / DLS text. and 6 recorders)
Specifications Recording time: 7, 14, 28, 42, 60, 90, 100, 120, 180 days, 1 year or 2 years (individually settable on each channel or ensemble) Analog line inputs: Balanced (XLR breakout cable supplied). +24dBu clipping level (+8 / +4 / 0dBu nominal level) 20k input impedance. 48kHz sampling 24-bit converters. 80kbps / 128kbps / 256kbps /lossless compression. (selectable per channel) AES-3 line inputs: Transformer-coupled (XLR breakout cable supplied) 32kHz – 96kHz 24-bit sampling 80kbps / 128kbps /256kbps / lossless compression (selectable per channel) Analog line output: Balanced (XLR breakout cable supplied) 40 ohm output impedance (minimum load 600Ω) +24dBu peak level (+8/+4/0dBu nominal level) AES-3 line output: Transformer-coupled (XLR breakout cable supplied) 48kHz 24-bit sampling Axia Livewire Optional software driver supporting up to sixteen stereo inputs and playback output. Wheatstone WheatNet Optional software driver supporting up to sixteen stereo inputs and playback output. Skimming: 16 optically-isolated user- assignable inputs. Daily event list display linked to audio log. Sequential playing and archiving of multiple events. AM Capture: 500kHz – 1710kHz tuning range (1kHz steps). BNC antenna connection (50 ohm input impedance). 22.05kHz sampling. 32kbps compression. Maximum 32 stations FM Capture: 87.5 – 108.5MHz tuning range (50kHz steps). BNC antenna connection. 48kHz sampling. 64kbps compression. Maximum 32 stations. RDS radiotext logging. DAB+ Capture Band III (174 – 240MHz) DAB Mode 1. BNC antenna connection. Maximum 4 ensembles. Maximum 32 services per ensemble. Dynamic reconfiguration. DAB+ and Legacy DAB supported.Decoding for MP2 /HE-AAC v2 audio, DLS, JPEG / PNG images, EPG. Internet Streams Shoutcast, Icecast & RTMP protocols SNMP Input audio / carrier / DAB status/RDS-DLS text monitoring. Selectable trap generation. Storage: Up to 3 x 4TB SATA hard discs with optional hot-standby disc. Hardware RAID-5 (striping) or RAID-1 (mirroring). DVD R/W drive (+/- formats supported). Processor: 64-bit Pentium quad-core 8GB RAM. Operating system: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit edition (Windows 8.1 supported and available on request) Axia Audio® & Livewire® are trademarks of TLS Corporation. WheatNet® & WheatNet-IP® are registered trademarks of Wheatstone Corporation.
Flashlog 8 Brochure
Flashlog 8 Brochure
Review this product