The DHY-04 telephone hybrid is an enhanced redesign of the DHY-03 , the best performing telephone hybrid in the world. It now has auto-sensing combined analogue and AES/EBU inputs and outputs, front panel speed dial buttons, together with an Ethernet interface to allow web browser access to the configuration and internal settings. All whilst still retaining stunning line balance rejection figures. For the best sounding audio calls youâ€™re likely to hear, you should specify the DHY-04.
- Key new features of the unit include:
- Auto-sensing combined analogue or AES/EBU XLR input.
- AES/EBU sample rates up to 24 bit/96kHz accepted.
- Configurable analogue or AES/EBU XLR output.
- Ethernet port for remote configuration via web browser GUI.
- Remote dialling and line hold control via Ethernet.
- Ethernet network interface can generate SNMP Traps for SNMP management systems.
- DTMF dial tone recognition for reporter remote access - a journalist can dial into the unit which can recognise a pre-programmed DTMF numeric password to automatically connect the journalist on-air.
- Four front panel speed-dial buttons for dialling internally preset phone numbers.
- Front panel Redial button for redialling the last number.
AVAILABLE OCTOBER 2014
- The DHY-04 also has the following features:
- Fully automatic - adapts to varying line conditions and has automatic signal limiting.
- Fully adaptive echo cancellation to 127msec - default is 24msec.
- 76dB typical line balance rejection offering superb performance and crystal clear audio.
- Front panel input and output gain controls.
- Front panel LED metering of receive and send signals.
- Built-in conferencing for 2 hybrids, so that a single telco channel on a mixing desk can receive 2 calls.
- Integrated ring detector - automatic call answering after a pre-determined number of rings.
- Automatic call disconnection. Fitted with K-break, line polarity reversal and dial tone disconnect detection, defined by the country selection.
- Automatic ducking facility allows the talent to â€˜shout-downâ€™, or talk over, a caller by reducing the gain of the callerâ€™s signal if it goes above a certain level.
- Local and remote line hold switching - calls can be remotely switched through a mixing console.
- Line hold/release button to control line hold circuit, illuminates to indicate the status of the line and flashes to show ring status.
- DTMF tone recognition allowing a opto-isolated GPI output to be made on receipt of selected DTMF tones, e.g. for starting a studio automation recorder automatically to record a remote telephone interview.
- International operation with built-in configurable settings for each country. Country selection allows the unit to provide line impedance and a simulation circuit to match the country.
- RS232 serial port for remote control of the TBU & DTMF tone dialling.
- Remote port distributes the remote line connect switch and tally output, a momentary/latch selector and the DTMF detect output.
- The remote line connect switch can be either momentary or latching in its action.
- Balanced mic/line input - 10k balanced input selectable for 0dBu clean feed line, or microphone level with adjustable gain.
- Balanced output - 0dBu low impedance balanced output, with output gain settings.
- Record output - the conferencing output can be set via a jumper to give a mix of the caller and mic/line input signals for recording both sides of the telephone conversation.
- Line limiter, bandpass filter and output noise gate with preset threshold providing low distortion audio.
- Built in universal power supply between 90V AC and 250V AC, 47-63Hz, IEC mains input.
- ETSI approval compliant with European PTT specifications.Â
tr> tr> tr> tr> tr> tr> tr> tr>
Analogue Audio I/O Input Impedance - Line Mode (Clean Feed) 10kÎ© balanced 0dB Input Impedance - Conferencing 10kÎ© balanced 0dB Input Impedance - Microphone Mode 2kÎ© balanced Input Level Gain Range +6dB, 0dB, and -6dB adjusted by 3-position front panel switch, +10dB jumper Microphone Level Gain Preset From 65dB to 35dB Maximum Input Levels Line +26dBu, mic -24dBu Clean Feed Limiting Input 4dBu for CTR21 setting, other values available * Output Impedance - Line Out 50Î© balanced floating 0dBu Output Impedance - Conference/Record 50Î© balanced floating 0dBu Output Level Gain Range +6db, 0dB, and -6dB adjusted by 3-position front panel switch Digital Audio I/O Input Impedance 110Î© Â±20% balanced Output Impedance 110Î© Â±20% balanced Sample Frequency Range 30 - 100kHz (i.e. including 32kHz, 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 64kHz, 88.2kHz & 96kHz) Signal Level 2V/7V peak to peak min/max Analogue Input Level for Full Scale Digits +18dBU Telephone Line Bandwidth to Telephone Line 250Hz - 4kHz, -3dB ref 1kHz Telephone Line Impedance 600Î©, 900Î© plus 14 other complex impedance circuits Rejection Ratio 80-88dB on complex waveforms, reference peak level of 0dBFS Ring Detector Sensitivity Off, 2, 4 or 6 rings GSM Connection Module Type Quad-Band EGSM 850 / 900 / 1800 /1900MHz Output Power Class 4 (2W) @ 850 / 900MHz,Â Class 1 (1W) @ 1800 / 1900MHz Sensitivity Â -107 dBm (typ.) @ 850 / 900MHz,Â -106 dBm (typ.) @ 1800 / 1900MHz Approvals ully type approved conforming to R&TTE CE, GCF, FCC, PTCRB, IC, Anatel Power Supply Power to DHY-04G, GS & GT Universal 12W power supply: 90 to 250V AC; 47-63Hz; fused 1A Connections Mic/Line/AES-EBU Input XLR 3 pin female, with push-button mic/line selection Line/AES-EBU Output XLR 3 pin male Â Telephone Line RJ11 6/4 socket Telephone Handset/InstrumentÂ RJ11 6/4 socket Conferencing or Record AudioÂ RJ45 socket RemotesÂ 9-way D-type socket Â Ethernet RJ45 socket Â RS232 Serial 9-way D-type socket Â Power IEC mains (CEE22)
- Review this product