The digital DHY-03 telephone hybrid is probably the best performing digital hybrid in the world, with simply stunning line balance rejection figures. For the best sounding audio calls you're likely to hear, you should specify the DHY-03.
The DHY-03 has the following features :
- Fully automatic - adapts to varying line conditions and has automatic signal limiting.
- Fully adaptive echo cancellation to 127msec - default is 24msec.
- 72dB typical line balance rejection offering superb performance and crystal clear audio.
- Front panel input and output gain controls.
- Front panel LED metering of receive and send signals.
- Built-in conferencing for 2 hybrids, so that a single telco channel on a mixing desk can receive 2 calls.
- Integrated ring detector - automatic call answering after a pre-determined number of rings.
- Automatic call disconnection. Fitted with K-break, line polarity reversal and dial tone disconnect detection, defined by the country selection.
- Automatic ducking facility allows the talent to 'shout-down', or talk over, a caller by reducing the gain of the caller's signal if it goes above a certain level.
- Local and remote line hold switching - calls can be remotely switched through a mixing console.
- Line hold/release button to control line hold circuit, illuminates to indicate the status of the line and flashes to show ring status.
- DTMF tone recognition allowing a opto-isolated GPI output to be made on receipt of selected DTMF tones, e.g. for starting a studio automation recorder automatically to record a remote telephone interview.
- International operation with built-in configurable settings for each country. Country selection allows the unit to provide line impedance and a simulation circuit to match the country.
- RS232 serial port for remote control of the TBU, DTMF tone dialling and firmware upgrades to add new country settings.
- Remote port distributes the remote line connect switch and tally output, a momentary/latch selector and the DTMF detect output.
- The remote line connect switch can be either momentary or latching in its action.
- Balanced mic/line input - 10k balanced input selectable for 0dBu clean feed line, or microphone level with adjustable gain.
- Balanced output - 0dBu low impedance balanced output, with output gain settings.
- Record output - the conferencing output can be set via a jumper to give a mix of the caller and mic/line input signals for recording both sides of the telephone conversation.
- Line limiter, bandpass filter and output noise gate with preset threshold providing low distortion audio.
- Built in universal power supply between 90V AC and 250V AC, 47-63Hz, IEC mains input.
- ETSI approval compliant with European PTT specifications.
Technical Specification Â Â Audio Specification Input Impedance â€“ Line Mode (Clean Feed) 10kohm balanced 0dB Input Impedance â€“ Conferencing 10kohm balanced 0dB (not for DHY-03EC) Input Impedance â€“ Microphone Mode 2kohm balanced Input Level Gain Range +6dB, 0dB, and -6dB adjusted by 3-position front panel switch, +10dB Jumper Microphone Level Gain Preset From 65dB to 35dB (not for DHY-03EC) Maximum Input Levels Line +26dBu, mic -24dBu Clean Feed Limiting Input -4dBu for CTR21 setting, other values available* Bandwidth to Telephone Line 250Hz - 4kHz, -3dB ref 1kHz Telephone Line Impedance Range 600ohm, 900ohm plus 14 other complex impedance circuits* Output Impedance - Line Out 50ohm balanced floating 0dBu Output Impedance - Conference/Record 50ohm balanced floating 0dBu Output Level Gain Range +6dB, 0dB, and -6dB adjusted by 3-position front panel switch Rejection Ratio 72dB on tones or complex waveforms, reference peak level of 0dB Ring Detector Sensitivity Off, 2, 4 or 6 rings Power to DHY-03, S and T Universal 12W power supply: 90 to 250VAC, 47-63Hz, fused, 1A Power to DHY-03EC +/- 15V @160mA per rail or regulated +5V DC @ 600mA * These values are dependent on the actual country setting selected on the DHY-03 Â Â Connections Mic/Line Input XLR 3 pin female, with push-button mic/line selection Line Output XLR 3 pin male Telephone Line RJ11 6/4 socket Telephone Handset/Instrument RJ11 6/4 socket Conferencing or Record Audio RJ45 socket Remotes 9 way D-type socket Serial RS232 9 way D-type socket Power IEC mains (CEE22) Connections to DHY-03EC 64 pin DIN 41612 plug (male) Each DHY-03, S and T unit is supplied with 1 x RJ11 to RJ11 telephone line lead, 1 x RJ11 to BT plug telephone line lead, 1 x BT handset socket to RJ11 plug adapter, spare fuses (2) for 230V & 115V operation, IEC mains lead fitted with moulded mains plug, handbook and warranty card. Â Â Accessories DHY-03CON Front panel conversion kit, DHY-03S to DHY-03 DHY-03SCON Front panel conversion kit, DHY-03 free standing to DHY-03S 19" rack-mount front DHY-03TCON Front panel conversion kit, DHY-03 or DHY-03S, to DHY-03T 19" rack-mount front DHY-03CONF Conference Cable, to connect 2 DHY-03 units DHY-03RLY Latching Handset Relay option for DHY-03, S and T Â Â Equipment Type and Physical Specification Order Code Description Height Width Depth* Total Nett Weight Total Gross Weight DHY-03 Automatic digital TBU, free standing. 4.5cm 21.8cm 17.5cm 1.25kg 2.2kg DHY-03S Automatic digital TBU, 19" rack mounted. 4.5cm (1U) 48.3cm (19" rack width) 17.5cm 1.30kg 2.3kg DHY-03T Twin automatic digital TBU, 19" rack mounted. 4.5cm (1U) 48.3cm (19" rack width) 17.5cm 2.60kg 4.4kg DHY-03EC Automatic digital TBU, Eurocard 12.9cm (3U) 4.0cm (8E) 19.0cm 150g 500g * Depth is measured from the front of the divert button to the back of the remotes connectors.
- Review this product