DEVA Broadcast SmartGen 6.0UECP Compatible RDS/RBDS Encoder with LAN, USB & RS-232 Connectivity
Manufactured to meet the highest standards in broadcasting, SmartGen 6 encoder furnishes all the mandatory for this high class equipment features, at competitive price.
Since all DEVAâ€™s products are manufactured to be user friendly in terms of operation, SmartGen 6 comes with simple and reliable programming software: â€œSmartGen RDS/RBDS Encoders Managerâ€ and a password protected WEB interface for remote connection.
The local (RS232, USB) and remote (TCP/IP, UDP/IP) interfaces permit fast and full integration of the RDS/RBDS encoder to the stationâ€™s other functions, including message streams for digital radio and Webcasting. The LCD (2x40) text display and Intuitive Navigation menu are used for on-site navigation through the menus, quick access to the parameters and the functions and for altering of their values. In addition, the display visualizes the incoming raw data from the station, just as the radio of your listeners does.
The need of highly-accurate time source is satisfied not only by the supported SNTP but also by the built-in GPS Module. The used GPS technology provides means for synchronizing the unit with UTC and makes the sub-second timekeeping possible and easy to achieve.
Another impressive feature of SmartGen 6 is the SNMP agent software component, which reports information via SNMP to one or more administrative computers (managers). SmartGen 6 complies with SNMPv2C. The function SNMP traps or E-mail notification on user-defined alerts is also available.
SmartGen 6 is supplied with two separate outputs â€“ one for RDS+MPX and one for RDS only. The two General Purpose Inputs are with user-defined functionality, allowing easy integration of SmartGen 6 to the stationâ€™s needs. The four General Purpose Outputs are also user-defined and allow easy management of external devices, when needed.
Based on the latest RDS technology, SmartGen 6 guarantees fully digital synthesis of the RDS signal, with excellent quality and spectral purity. This advanced device is a cost-effective solution for sending of TMC, EWS Services and song tagging via the supported RT+ function. The device can â€˜parseâ€™ scrolling text, automatically breaking the phrases into word groups.
Supporting all RDS Applications, in conformity with the European CENELEC and the United States NRSC standards, SmartGen 6 is fully compatible with UECP EBU SPB490 Version 7.05.
- Fully Digital Synthesis of RDS signal with excellent quality and spectral purity
- Fully independent RDS decoder for self-monitoring purposes
- Front panel LCD Display and Buttons for operating without a computer
- Remote configuration via ASCII or UECP protocols through RS232, LAN, USB
- Supported Network Protocols: HTTP, FTP, SNMP, SMTP, UpNP, UDP and TCP
- 4 x user-defined GPO, allowing easy management of external devices when needed
- 2 x General Purpose Inputs with user-defined functionality
- Includes the TA function for traffic message priority override
- Alert notifications on user-defined events via SNMP traps or E-mails
- Real time clock Schedules for Scrolling Text and text lists
- Custom HTML formatted E-mail templates with dynamic variables
- SNTP & GPS module for automatic synchronization of the built-in clock
- Supports European CENELEC and United States NRSC standards
- Attractive price and very good price-performance ratio
- Full support of Open Data Applications
- Supports RT+ for songs and content tagging
- PS & Radio Text Scrolling Options
- Supports TMC (Traffic Message Channel)
- Â Compatible with EWS (Emergency Warning System)
- Embedded WEB server for interactive supervision
- Fully compatible with UECP EBU SPB490 Version 7.05
- MPX Loopthrough & Sidechain Modes
- Internal or external Pilot / MPX synchronization
- Very Intuitive UECP Configuration Software
- Remote RDS viewer to visualize broadcasted data
- Proved and reliable hardware for 24/7/365 operating
- Easy Installation and Setup
- LAN, USB & 2 x RS-232 Interfaces
- Embedded SNMP agent permitting active management tasks
- Interfaces with all popular radio automation systems
- Built-in dedicated 19kHz source for internal sync
- Built-in failsafe bypass relay
- Separate outputs for RDS+MPX and for RDS only
- Works with any FM exciter and stereo generator
- Internal data diagnostics and transmission safeguards
- 19" Professional Case for high RF immunityÂ
Technical Specifications Chassis Dimensions 1U x 19" x 7"; 44 x 485 x 178mm Shipping Weight 2kgÂ Power Supply Internal 100 - 240V; 50 - 60HzÂ Pilot/MPX Input Yes MPX/RDS Output 0 to 4095 mVÂ Inputs/OutputsÂ 2 x GPI, 4x GPO user-defined functionality Communication Port 2xRS232, USB, LAN Synchronization Â (Pilot or MPX) / Internal / Auto Synchronization Monitoring Yes RDS Level adjustment Digitally controlled Phase adjustment Yes, 0 Ã· 359.9Â° Separate outputs for RDS+MPX and for RDS only Yes Command to activate the RDS SCA Yes Side Chain Mode, Loop through mode, Bypass featureÂ Yes RDS Subcarrier Â 100% Digitally Generated Shape / Bypass: 0 dB Pilot synchronizationÂ Input Level: -50dBu to +12dBu / Frequency: 19kHz, Â±3Hz EN50067 compliant Yes Accurate Clock Time (CT) Sync with Internet ConnectionÂ Yes Remote TA actuation for Traffic Announcements Yes GPS module for automatic synchronization of the built-in clock Yes Fully independent RDS decoder for self-monitoring purposes Yes Firmware can be upgraded in the field Yes Front-panel LCD displays all programmed data Yes Data may be entered on-site with Front-panel Buttons Yes Operating Temperature 0Â°C Ã· 55Â°C RDS Features Group supported All Group Sequence Configurable PS 6 DSN x 4 PSN PI 6 DSN x 4 PSN PTY RDS/RBDS AF Method A 25 AF Method B up to 100Â RT Yes, 10 messagesÂ RT rate adjustment Group Sequence RT+ for songs and content tagging YesÂ TP Yes TA Control Command, Contact closure, Software PTYN Yes EON 4 PSN CT Yes TMC, EWS, IH, TDC Yes Free Format Groups (FFG) Yes Open Data Application (ODA) Yes 64-character Dynamic PS shown on all RDS/RBDS Radios Yes Auto "parses" long messages for best text display Yes Scrolling by character from 1 up to 8 Scrolling by word, Auto centering, Truncate long words Yes Communication Communication Interfaces 2xRS232, USB, LAN Connection with Automation Software Yes Network Connectivity 2 TCP ports; 2 UDP ports Scheduler Yes Configuration Embeded Web Server, SmartGen Manager Password Protection Yes ASCII Protocol Yes UDP, TCP, HTTP, SNTP Yes Alert notifications on user-defined events via SNMP traps or E-mails Yes Embedded SNMP agent permitting active management tasks Yes Custom HTML formatted E-mail templates with dynamic variablesÂ Yes Supported Network Protocols: HTTP, FTP, SNMP, SNTP, SMTP, UPnP, UDP, TCPÂ UECP Protocol Fully compliant with EBU SPB490 Ver.7.05 PI <=> CALL Calculator Yes Remote Display Yes Supplied with Intuitive Software Yes Comes with 2-years Limited Warranty Yes
- Review this product