DEVA Broadcast DB 8008Silence Monitor & Backup Audio Player
The best device to fight the dreaded dead air problem is the DB8008 from Deva Broadcast Ltd. It is designed and built to be simple, flexible, reliable and easy for integration with the existing setups of any single station to a large radio networks. The basic principle of DB8008 is that this unit can detect the silence and switch the output to some of the alternative sources.
The MP3 backup audio files and play lists can be uploaded in the DB8008 from your PC using any FTP client. The audio storage capacity of DB8008 is 2 Giga Bytes.
The DB8008 provides additional security in case of loss of audio at the inputs. The audio backup is presented as an integrated auxiliary audio input for external program’s backup audio source, IP Stream and built-in MP3 audio player.
The unit has SNMP and WEB remote control features. Through this feature the DB8008 can be used for local content or regional advertisement spots insertion.
- Fully DSP based core
- Intelligent Silence Detector and Backup Audio Switcher
- User selectable backup audio sources priority
- Configuration and Monitoring via SNMP, WEB, Front Panel LCD and Keyboard
- Alert Notifications via E-mail, SNMP, Analog opto-coupled Outputs
- Lots of Storage for over 24 hours of non-repeating audio playback
- Always Fresh Backup Audio Tracks with Embedded FTP server
- Professional Balanced Stereo analog inputs and outputs on XLR connectors
- Professional AES/EBU Digital audio inputs and output on XLR connectors
- Consumer S/PDIF Digital audio inputs and output on Optical and Coaxial connectors
- Headphones Jack on the front panel for local monitoring of the Audio Signal
- TCP/IP Remote monitoring and control via SNMP and WEB Interface
- Variety of Audio Sources
- Multiformat IP Audio Stream (three separate sources)
- Built-in MP3 Player
- External or internal Digital clock sync
- Digital Volume Control of all Audio Sources
- Protected access to the device settings
- UPnP for easy discovery in Local Networks
- Professional 19 inches, 1U aluminum rack mount chassis
- Wide Range Internal Power Supply 100-240VAC 50-60Hz
- Easy installation and operation
- Remote Firmware Upgrade for future-proof operation
- 2 Years Warranty
Main Analog Audio Inputs Connectors Balanced XLR Impedance 600Ω or high impedance Level 2 ranges: 0 dBu or +12 dBu Jumper selectable, with software adjustments Dynamic range >100dB Digital Gain Adjust -10db to +10dB Main Digital Audio Inputs Connectors Balanced XLR, Coaxial, Optical Sample Rates 32, 44.1, 48, 96 kHz Digital Gain Adjust -10db to +10dB Aux Analog Audio Inputs Connectors Balanced XLR Impedance 600Ω or high impedance Level 2 ranges: 0 dBu or +12 dBu Jumper selectable, with software adjustments Dynamic range >100dB Digital Gain Adjust -10db to +10dB Aux Digital Audio Inputs Connectors Balanced XLR, Coaxial, Optical Sample Rates 32, 44.1, 48, 96 kHz Digital Gain Adjust -10db to +10dB IP Audio Source Number of Streams one main and two alternative streams with auto-switch on failure Stream Clients shoutcast, icecast Stream Formats PCM (32, 44.1, 48kHz), MPEG1 Layer 3 (MP3), HE-AAC (v.1 and v.2) Bit Rates All standard bit rates, including VBR Number of Channels Mono, Stereo Buffer Size Adjust 5Kb to 64Kb Digital Gain Adjust -10db to +10dB Built-In MP3 Player Storage Capacity 2Gb on SD Card Supported encoders HE-AAC (v.1 and v.2), MPEG-1 Layer 3 MP3 bit rates 32-320 kbps and VBR Sample rates All sampling frequencies specified by MPEG1 L1/L2/L3 (32, 44.1 and 48kHz); MPEG2 L1/L2/L3 (16kHz, 22.05kHz and 24kHz) and MPEG2.5 L3 (8kHz, 11.025kHz, and 12kHz) Supported file types *.MP3, *.AAC, *.M4A, *.M3U Playback modes Alphabetical ascending and descending, Shuffle, Playlist and Shuffled playlist Remote file management Build-in FTP server Digital Gain Adjust -10db to +10dB Analog Audio Output Connector Balanced XLR Frequency response ±0.5dB, 5Hz-20kHz Distortion <0.01% THD+N Level +6dBu, user selectable Dynamic range >100 dB Digital Gain Adjust -10db to +10dB Digital Audio Outputs Connectors Balanced XLR, Coaxial, Optical Sample rates 32, 44.1, 48kHz Digital Gain Adjust -10db to +10dB Phones Audio Output Connector 1/4" (6.3mm) jack, stereo Type Headphones Silence Detector Threshold Adjustable from -40dBfs to -5dBfs Trigger time 10-250 sec User Interface Indicators 5 LEDs on front panel, 2 LEDs on rear panel Web interface control, configuration and status information SNMP interface control, configuration and status information Front Panel LCD with Keyboard Network 1/4" (6.3mm) jack, stereo Headphones Connector 1/4" (6.3mm) jack, stereo Type Headphones Connector 1/4" (6.3mm) jack, stereo Type Headphones Connector 1/4" (6.3mm) jack, stereo Type Headphones
Review this product