The AT4040SC side-address condenser microphone features an advanced large diaphragm tensioned specifically to provide smooth, natural sonic characteristics. A marriage of technical precision and artistic inspiration, the AT4040SC offers exceptionally low noise, wide dynamic range and high-SPL capability for greatest versatility. This ultra-consistent microphone may be used with confidence in a wide variety of studio and live miking applications, even under the stringent demands of digital recording systems.
The AT4040SC low-noise circuitry is symmetrical and transformerless, resulting in exceptional transient response and clean output signals for transparent reproduction of even the most troublesome of instruments and sound effects. Supplied with AT8449 shockmount. Also available with the AT8430 stand clamp, AT4040SC.
- Technically-advanced large diaphragm tensioned specifically to provide smooth, natural sonic characteristics
- Externally polarized (DC bias) true condenser design
- Exceptionally low noise, wide dynamic range and high-SPL capability for greatest versatility
- Transformerless circuitry virtually eliminates low-frequency distortion and provides superior correlation of high-speed transients
- Precision-machined, nickel-plated brass, acoustic element baffle provides enhanced element stability and optimal sensitivity
- Open acoustical environment of the symmetrical housing assembly minimizes unwanted internal reflections
- State-of-the-art surface-mount electronics ensure compliance with A-T's stringent consistency and reliability standards
- Custom shock mount provides superior isolation
- Switchable 80 Hz hi-pass filter and 10 dB pad
Specifications Element Externally-polarized (DC bias) condenser Polar pattern Cardioid Frequency response 20-20,000 Hz Low frequency roll-off 80 Hz, 12 dB/octave Open circuit sensitivity -32 dB (25.1 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa Impedance 100 ohms Maximum input sound level 145 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D.; 155 dB SPL, with 10 dB pad (nominal) Noise 12 dB SPL Dynamic range (typical) 133 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL Signal-to-noise ratio 82 dB, 1 kHz at 1 Pa Phantom power requirements 48V DC, 4.2 mA typical Switches Flat, roll-off; 10 dB pad (nominal) Weight 12.7 oz (360 g) Dimensions 6.69" (170.0 mm) long, 2.10" (53.4 mm) maximum body diameter Output connector integral Integral 3-pin XLRM-type Accessories furnished AT8449 shock mount for 5/8"-27 threaded stands; protective carrying case Audio-Technica casse style R1
Review this product