Audio Technica AT4033aSMCardioid Condenser Microphone
The side-address AT4033aSM offers low-noise, symmetrical, transformerless circuitry that results in exceptional transient response and clean output signals. A strong up-front presence characterizes the sonic signature of this 40 Series pro-audio classic.
The AT4033aSMâ€™s 80Hz high-pass filter easily switches between flat frequency response and a low-end roll-off that diminishes ambient noise and popping with closely-miked vocals.
- A strong up-front presence characterizes the sonic signature of this versatile pro-audio classic
- Transformerless circuitry virtually eliminates low-frequency distortion and provides superior correlation of high-speed transients
- Precision-machined, nickel-plated brass, acoustic element baffle provides enhanced element stability and optimal sensitivity
- The 2-micron-thick, vapor-deposited gold diaphragm undergoes a five-step aging process so that the optimum characteristics achieved remain constant over years of use
- Floating-construction capsule assembly provides isolation from noise and vibration
- Open acoustical environment of the symmetrical housing assembly minimizes unwanted internal reflections
- State-of-the-art surface-mount electronics ensure compliance with A-T's stringent consistency and reliability standards
- Custom shock mount provides superior isolation
Specifications Element Fixed-charge back plate, permanently polarized condenser Polar pattern Cardioid Frequency response 30-20,000 Hz Low frequency roll-off 80 Hz, 12 dB/octave Open circuit sensitivity -32 dB (25.1 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa Impedance 100 ohms Maxium input sound level 145 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D.; 155 dB SPL, with 10 dB pad (nominal) Noise 17 dB SPL Dynamic range (typical) 128 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL Signal-to-noise ratio 77 dB, 1 kHz at 1 Pa Phantom power requirements 48V DC, 3.2 mA typical Swithes Flat, roll-off; 10 dB pad (nominal) Weight 13.4 oz (380 g) Dimensions 6.69" (170.0 mm) long, 2.10" (53.4 mm) maximum body diameter Output connector integral Integral 3-pin XLRM-type Accessories furnished AT8449 shock mount for 5/8"-27 threaded stands; protective carrying case Audio-Technica case style R1
Review this product