The Randall Concepts Ranger 4 studio is a fully professional studio system that is completely pre-packaged and ready to go without unpacking or dismounting equipment. It can be operated by simply opening the case and switching on. No further setting up is needed other than to plug the headphones.
It is ideally suited for disaster relief, emergency broadcasting, training, start-up studios and radio stations, and as a temporary studio to to replace stolen or damaged equipment. The forerunner of the Ranger, has been used in all of these roles in many countries and climates. It is built into a standard suitcase and is designed not to draw attention to itself when travelling. It is rugged an easy to use.
It is ideally suited for:
- Emergency and disaster response broadcast
- community radio
- start-up studios
- temporary studios while repairing or replacing permanent studios
- broadcast training
- outside broadcast
The Ranger series are complete studio systems in a suitcase which can be operated with the equipment in the case. They are carefully constructed with the equipment well integrated and pre-configured so it can be used immediately on arrival. The studio systems are complete but additional equipment is available to extend the capabilities of the system.
The Ranger 4 is an entry level studio suitcase using a commercial mixer. It is most suitable for programme production and recording, but can also be used for live broadcasting. It is AC powered but a 12V DC option is available.
A range of options and accessories are available, most of which are powered from the Ranger 4. They include:
- Cue lights
- Receivers for off-air monitoring
- Cell phone, telephone and Skype interfaces for phone-in programmes
- Extra recorders and headsets
- Work lights powered from the suitcase - self-contained operation when operating from a car battery or generator
- Production laptop configured identically to the one in the case so it can be used as a spare
- Additional cables and equipment for use with the full disaster response kit
Ranger 4 Features
- Mics 4 inputs with 48V phantom power
- 3 when phone interface is used
- Normally supplied with 2 colour coded
- headsets and one cardioid microphone.
Phone Interface with clean feed.
- Optional interfaces for Telephone Balance Unit (TBU)
- Mobile phone
- Skype® and PC based messaging systems.
Laptop PC and optical mouse
- Audio recording, playback and editing
- software pre-installed
- CD ripping and burning
- Separate inputs and outputs for Skype®
- CD player – plays audio and MP3 CDs.
- Player/recorder -Plays MP3 and WAV files.
- Other combinations available which can be field retro-fitted.
- Digital USB to laptop for recording or streaming
- Analogue To solid state recorders (2 max)
- Balanced XLR outputs for transmitter
- Main output
- Pre-fade listen (PFL)
- Off-Air via optional FM receiver
- Operator Headphones
- Active loudspeakers with muting
- Guests 4 headphones max fed from main output
- Separately controlled headphone amp
- Cue Lights Internal mic live and cue lights
- Optional 12V external lamps
- Size (closed) 68cm x 56cm x 23cm
- Weight 18kg (includes 2 headsets and mic)
Other options will increase the weight
I have used this product in the field in disaster response. Its all you need in one case and its great that I can check it as luggage and fly away with it.
Anonymous visitor from