The DB3000 FM Modulation Analyzer is a digital FM demodulator and modulation analyzer. The RF (IF) and MPX signal is digitalized as soon as it enters the device, and all signal processing is then made through calculations. Digitizing in this way, at the input gives the equipment measurement reproducibility over time. Digital filters’ accuracy, used in this equipment, enables the FM multiplex signal’s components to be accurately and repeatedly reproduced from one device to another, i.e. same signal applied to two devices will give the same result. The processing power in this equipment enables all measurements to be refreshed simultaneously and synchronously, thereby allowing for detailed readings of all the Multiplex FM signal components.
DB3000 incorporates easy to read, high-resolution bargraph displays that allow reading the main signal parameters at a glance. The built-in DB3000 Oscilloscope representing the observed signal change over time, enables you to visualize the most important signals participating in the process of demodulating and stereo decoding. Similarly to the Oscilloscope mode, Spectrum analyzer is a mode for spectral analysis of the input signal and part of DB3000 features. Spectral components of the selected signal are determined on the base of Fast Fourier Transform. MPX Power measurement, supporting measurement history data is yet another DB3000’s great feature. In addition to the list of DB3000 features, RDS information that is contained in the processed MPX signal is easily visualized and represented as RDS/RBDS Data and RDS/RBDS Statistics.
Adjustable Alarms enable Alarm Signal for the most important signals and signal components and parameters to be generated and fed to the Rear Panel Alarm Terminal for remote alarm notification. DB3000 is designed to support RS232, USB and LAN communication interfaces, allowing flexibility in remote connection and control of the unit. Dependable off-air monitoring lets you keep an eye on other stations in the market as well as measuring the important parameters of your own signal.
- Fully DSP based core
- Bright, accurate bargraph LED metering of the Modulation and Pilot Levels
- Total and independent Positive and Negative deviation bargraph
- Left, Right, L+R, L-R bargraph LED audio level meters
- Accurate "floating dot" program peak marker
- Easy to ready LED display for selected frequency
- Very Intuitive Navigational Menu
- Built-in Oscilloscope allowing IF, MPX, Pilot, Subcarriers, Left, Right, Left+Right and Left–Right display
- MPX Power measurement with data history
- RF Spectrum analyzer allowing to check the RF Carrier parameters
- MPX Spectrum analyzer for Pilot, SCA, L/R, L+R and L–R measurements
- Direct MPX Input for external composite signal measurement
- Selectable De-emphasis – Off, 50µs and 75µs
- Quick Station access via 15 Presets
- Built-in Stereo Decoder and Selectable Forced Mono mode
- Protected access to the device settings
- Date & Time Settings with various formats
- Level Adjustable Balanced Analog Audio Outputs on XLR Connectors
- Professional AES/EBU Digital audio output on XLR connector
- LAN port for full TCP/IP remote control and monitoring
- Headphone output with front panel level control
- Up to 90dBµV direct RF Antenna Input
- Adjustable MIN/MAX alarms for Carrier Loss, Multipath, Deviation, Pilot signal, Subcarriers, Analog Audio Loss
- USB, and RS232 communication interfaces
- Alarm tally outputs for remote fault indicators
- Easy and intuitive Windows Application
- Firmware update for future-proof operation
- Parameters Factory Restore option
- Operating voltage range 110-120V or 220-250V AC
- 19" Professional Case for high RF immunity
I am very impressed with this instrument. It is certainly in the class of test equipment rather than just monitoring receiver.
The responsiveness of the controls makes it feel almost as fast as an analogue modulation monitor or scope but with a host of very useful features that you can only get in the digital domain.
Having multiple parameters displayed on the screen at one time gives an excellent overview and the large front panel screen is great.
The TCP-IP connection was very straight forward with DHCP enabled to get auto IP address assignment from my wireless router. Viewed remotely on my laptop over the wireless link and the responsiveness was very good with near real time display of modulation levels etc.
The front panel menus and controls were very intuitive to use and I didn%u2019t have to refer to the manual to get it up and running.
Engineering Transmission Manager
The Radio Network Ltd
Anonymous visitor from Spain