Our 1987 FM Reference tuner is credited with redefining the state of the art. Nearly twenty years later, we fused the same Musical DNA into our M4 HD Radio™ Tuner and it became the fastest selling professional HD Radio™ tuner in the world.
With success like that, encores can be challenging, but we’re up for it. Introducing the M4.2R. Think of it as an M4 on steroids...
Like the original M4, the M4.2R gives you superb audio through its over-sampled D/A converter and Class-A biased audio outputs. With HD Radio™ stereo separation exceeding 90db and THD+N under 0.5%, you won’t just listen—you’ll hear. Like its predecessor, the M4.2R stores 20 AM and 20 FM presets and tunes AM, FM and HD Radio™ Multicast channels HD-1 through HD-8. The digital audio output works full time, even when tuned to an analog station. And its benchmark sensitivity and superior IF rejection makes the M4.2R at home in extreme RF environments.
If you’re considering consumer HD radios to monitor your HD signal, consider this: The M4.2 comes complete with everything you need to alarm your signal—including your data. You can assign six dry, floating relays to report a variety of alarm conditions, including loss of RF Carrier, Audio, OFDM Lock, RBDS Data, PAD Data, Multicast or Delay Bit. And the included Ethernet port and Remote Dashboard™ software gives you full remote control, logging and E-mail notification of alarms. Just try that with your Kenwood car stereo!
The M4.2R displays RBDS and PAD data on its easy to read vacuum florescent display. LEDs show Left and Right Audio Signal Present and Peak Level. Time alignment between analog and HD signals is a snap using “Split Mode” through the Class-A biased, ultra-low distortion headphone amplifier. And a smart control lockout feature keeps unauthorized fingers from changing your front panel settings.
Since we’ve sold over 1350 M2 Modulation Monitors and M4 Tuners, there’s a good chance you or someone you know already has one. In keeping with our original promise that your DaySequerra product will never become obsolete, you can upgrade any existing M2 or M4 to the latest version.
Features and benefits:
- Synthesized, pushbutton tuning for AM & FM bands including HD-1 through HD-8
- 20 AM & 20 FM band presets, including multicasts
- Multi-function vacuum florescent display (VFD)
- Left and Right Audio “Signal Present” indicators
- Demodulated Audio Peak Level indicator
- HD Locked & Delay Bit (active analog diversity delay) front panel indicators
- Displays and decodes HD-1 through HD-8 PAD data & RBDS data
- Easy to use HD Radio™ digital-to-analog “Split Mode” for signal, time, level and phase monitoring
- Antenna level RF inputs for both AM & FM bands
- Balanced analog audio outputs at +4dBu on XLR connectors
- Transformer-isolated full time AES digital audio output on XLR connector—5.1 Surround capable
- High current, Class-A headphone output with front panel gain adjustment
- Audio, carrier, data & HD loss notification via E-mail from Remote Dashboard software; scans 100 presets
- Six rear panel mounted assignable alarm relay contact closures
- Ethernet port for full remote control & monitoring with included Remote Dashboard™ software with fault notification via visual display and E-mail, logging and 100 station scanning presets
- Front Panel control lockout feature to prevent unauthorized changes to setup
- FLASH-upgradeable for future-proof operation
- Built in the USA to last—full 3 year warranty